What can we do to start to change this pattern? First, start small. Make little changes and try to establish a habit with the new behavior. One at a time! It won't help if you overwhelm yourself! Here are some ideas to begin.
- Eat breakfast even if you aren't hungry. Get up a little bit earlier so you'll have time to wake up before rushing out the door without breakfast.
- Eat protein at every meal. This will give you steady energy and help memory and attention. If you aren't sure of good sources of protein google it.
- Eat protein snacks. Keep a jar of nuts or protein bars with you . Again google to find good options.
- If you are using a planning session to organize your week(previous recommendation) add meals to it including what you plan to eat.
- Be mindful (here it is again). Impulsivity can cause you to make bad eating choices and cause you to eat faster and more than you intend.
- Happy Dance every time you make a positive change toward your goal of healthy eating.